Join the adventure!
There are lots of ways to get involved with the scout group. We are always looking for leaders and helpers but if that’s not up your street, there are many other roles that need filling:
• Photographer – could you come along to events and take photos for us?
• Emptying the rag bin weekly – this raises valuable funds for the group.
• Sit on the executive committee – help support the group.
• DIY skills – can you help fix trailers, or other equipment?
• Admin and finance support for the group.
What will I get out of volunteering?
As well as gaining externally recognised skills and having a brilliant time, Scouting offers the chance to build on personal skills, like teamwork, confidence and leadership. The majority of Scouting volunteers believe that the skills and experiences they have gained through Scouting have been of relevance to their working or personal lives. (We also provide coffee and biscuits at meetings!)